Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pray Without Ceasing

Each Monday evening from 7:30 to 8:30 I host "Praise, Prayer and Power for Today" on NewVision FM.  It is 90.1 FM or you can listen on the computer at NewVision.FM.  My husband, Jim and our good friends Walt and Bev answer phones and take prayer requests.  We have been doing this for over two years now.  Each week, as we leave the studio, I am emotionally drained.  Praying for so many people with the most heart wrenching stories takes an emotional toll.  However, I would not want to do anything different.  I know and remember all the times in my life when I have counted on the prayers of others to get me through.  When Jim and I lost our youngest child to leukemia, when our marriage almost ended, when my mother died - those were the times when we needed the most prayer and needed others to lift us up, because in our own stregth we couldn't do it.  Then at work, we have an employee prayer chain for anyone who wishes to join, and the prayer requests sometimes take your breath away.  We have a young mother with a terminally ill daughter, someone's mom who has pancreatic cancer, a man who recently suffered debilitating pain from arthiritis, a man whose young daughter died in a foreign country and again the list goes on and on.  All of these things help me to understand what Paul meant when he said, "Pray without ceasing."  You can not hear all of these requests and not have a desire to pray and then pray some more.  I know there is not a magic formula or a guarantee that prayers will be answered the way we think we should be.  But we do know that God's ear is inclined to our prayers, and He always answers in the BEST way.  He only admonishes us to pray without ceasing.  We must have faith that He will take care of the rest.  Please join me and pray without ceasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment